Prague Councilors agree to provide further housing construction subsidies to district authorities

Prague Councilors agree to provide further housing construction subsidies to district authorities


8/30/2021

Prague will allocate more funds from the Accessible Housing Fund. The money will go towards the construction of a residential building with 65 flats in Prague 7. Other funds have been allocated for the refurbishment of two emergency lifts in residential buildings in Prague 11.

“We will provide 173 million crowns to Prague 7 district to build a new residential building with up to 66 municipal flats and a floor area of 3,300 square meters,” says City Councilor Adam Zábranský, who is responsible for the housing and transparency agenda. A third of the flats will be permanently available to the city of Prague. Out of the expected costs, Prague 7 will receive 10% in the project preparation stage and the remaining 90% after a construction permit has been issued, but not more than 70 thousand CZK per square meter of floor area.

Prague will provide another 15 million CZK to modernize two emergency lifts in residential blocks in Prague 11 that accommodate people with impaired motion. In exchange, Prague will be able to rent 6 flats in those buildings to its own target groups.